eating s’mores and listening to a story that is sure to keep you up at night.
Some people hate it while others absolutely love it.
These stories some people happen to even believe them and others just take it as some fairy tale out of a novel.
1. If you get spooked out easily then this might be a little too much for you. If you LOVE spooking others, then these stories are perfect. Redditors submitted some pretty creepy stories that may or may not be true but are sure to give shivers. One Redditor wrote, “I used to live in a small building downtown. There was this guy in the apartment right over mine. He mostly kept to himself. Around midnight though, there was frequently a strange noise that got on my nerves. It was little bumping sounds going on and on. After a few days, I realized the pattern was always the same. Several years later I was helping my daughter with morse codes for school. She knocked on the table with her knuckles and a shiver went down my spine. I recognized that exact pattern. I asked her what it meant and she said, “It’s the one to call for help.” (conffra).
2. “A knock at my front door wakes me up. It’s way past midnight and I’m lying on the sofa with the TV on. The house is dark and I’m alone. Looking out the window, I see nothing but a full moon. I get up and head towards the front door. There’s no one there. I turn off the TV, close the window and head to bed” (morasyid).
3. I think this story is pretty creepy. Julia was a clever kid who figured out that she had some control over her parents. She would “fake” being scared and her parents would automatically run into her room. One night, Julia couldn’t take it anymore and told her dad that’s it’s funny they always believe her. Her dad responded, “Once, just once, we didn’t believe your brother”. Julia is an only child” (IPostAtMidnight).
4. “My boyfriend and I bought an old house. I’m on wallpaper removal duty. Under a corner section of the paper in every room are a person’s name and a date. I decided to Google the names and learned that all of them were names of missing people. A crime scene team was sent to us. One tech said, “Ma’am, where’s the material you removed from the walls already? This isn’t wallpaper you were removing.” (BatoutofHell821).
5. “This story doesn’t let me sleep at night. An angel has an eye on the past, present, and future. Locals assembled to watch the angel open its eye to the past and it cried so much, it’s eye rotted away. Then it opened its eye to the present, seeing wars and famine…he sewed his eye shut. Then he opened his eye to the future…he swung his hand up and gouged his eye out” (manen_lyset).
6. “This story gave me a creepy reality. A guy was given a watch on his tenth birthday. The watch would count down, his father noting that that’s all the time that’s left. The guy lived his life to the fullest, knowing exactly how much time he had. Eventually, the final countdown began. The old man smiled and closed his eyes. But nothing happened…he was still alive. You’d think he’d be so happy but instead, for the first time, the guy was scared” (gridster2).
7. “Reading a letter written by a guy named Jeff who was abducted while vacationing gives me chills. I feel a bit of hope until I realize I’m reading from his sketchbook where he wrote the letter. Jeff never actually returned to tear out the page, and I’m the first person here since him. I look to my right, where the dark maze that got him awaits me” (IPostAtMidnight).
8. “I have the power of seeing people’s colored aura based on how long they have to live. Most people have a solid green hue, meaning they have plenty of time left. Then there are those who have red around them, meaning their time is numbered. With that in mind, I get to work early so I can scout my colleagues’ fates. As people kept walking in, they all had red around them… including me. Then my boss walked in, locked the door and his aura had a sickening shade of green” (Zenryhao).
9. “It scares me to go to the happiest place on earth after reading the list of rules for Disney World employees. Some of them are: ask to examine the photos guests have taken and check for abnormalities, evacuate the area if you see dead alligators, if you see more than one Mickey out, report it immediately. The real Mickey costume has eye holes. If you don’t find eye holes, disallow photos and call security” (TheRabidFanGirl). This might have ruined Disney for me a little.
10. “I have a gift of time travel. But the problem is I live a bit in Euphoria. One time, I traveled to June 18, 9214 where minds were able to see the freaking future. In 9217, everything came to an end. The image of the end date was incoherent. Scientists theorized this would be the end of existence, the complete opposite of the big bang. It provided a date of the year and a hazy image of a dark and decaying earth, just months before the end date.Being a time traveler, I enjoyed having the information no one else had. Boy, do I regret it. I was trembling and not because the tall man with the inhuman grin on his face was walking towards me” (pohoon).
11. “I was sitting in my dark living room. The accident earlier that evening kept playing in my head. The light turned red, but I was in a rush so I accelerated. All of a sudden, the bike rolled across my hood and fell out of sight on the pavement. I panicked and drove away. Why did I run? I never committed a crime and now I could lose everything. Then there was a knock at the door. The police found me. I opened the door. They say my last name. I say that’s me. They respond: “I’m afraid I have some bad news. Your son’s bike was struck by a hit and run driver this evening. He died at the scene” (minnboy).
12 “I’ve been able to read minds since I was a kid. Kids’ minds are amazing. They aren’t boring like adults, they’re full of adventure and imagination. That’s why I became a kindergarten teacher. As I sit at my desk, I watch my kids doodle with crayons. I look down to see Sarah. She’s one of the cutest little girls. She’s only been in the class for a few days and I haven’t had the chance to peek at her hopes and dreams. I decide to touch her mind… and I nearly vomit. My mind’s eye is blinded by a darkness. The minds of children are the most wonderful thing in the universe. But whatever that thing in the blue dress is, it is no child” (Lloiu)
13. “Vampires scare me big time. Have you ever walked into a room and found a vampire? The kind that snarls as you enter, like a beast about to pounce? I’m talking about the kind that roots you to the spot with its sunken, hypnotic eyes. Have you then experienced a sinking, sucking blackness as you discover that not all vampires feed on blood, some feed on memories? Maybe it’s just me. But have you ever walked into a room and suddenly forgotten why you came in?”
14. “The story about Tom is what gets me. Tom sat on the hard wooden staircase watching the front door, waiting. He really had to go, but he had a joke he wanted to tell his daughters. They were due to come meandering through the door any moment. He loved seeing his girls laugh. The doorknob began to turn. Finally! Tom said, “Girls, watch out for that top step.” he chuckled “It is a real killer!” After delivering his witty gem he stopped resisting and relaxed as he pulled into the light” (LovelyDayz).
15. “Little Emily lived in my neighborhood. She vanished last year and now they’re pouring new sidewalks in my neighborhood, and I’ve found her name in the wet cement, written in remembrance. But it was written in reverse. And from below” (IPostAtMidnight). I never really believed in ghosts, but this story not only made me question things but I won’t be sleeping tonight.
16. “My daughter woke me around 11:50 last night. We had picked her up from her friend’s birthday party and put her to bed. “Daddy”, she whispered, tugging my shirt sleeve. “Guess how old I’m going to be next month,” I told her that I didn’t know, and she held up four fingers. It’s now 7:30 and my wife and I have been up for almost 8 hours with her. She still refuses to tell us where she got them” (RealScience87).
17. “I don’t know why I looked up, but when I did I saw him there. He stood against my window. His eyes were still and light and he smiled a lipstick-red, cartoonish grin. He just stood there in the window. My wife is upstairs sleeping, my son was in his crib and I couldn’t move I froze. I couldn’t do anything. I just stayed there, frozen, feet still in the bushes I was pruning, looking into my home. He stood against my window” (sabethook).
18. “I hate when my brother Charlie has to go away. My parents keep telling me how sick he is and how lucky I am that all the chemicals in my brain flow properly. When I complain about how bored I am without a little brother to play with, they try to make me feel bad by pointing out that his boredom likely far surpasses mine, considering his confine to a dark room in an institution” (horroinpureform). That’s a gruesome thought.
19. “The chaplain nods sadly, sorrowful that I do not face my executioner with a clean conscience. That’s the thing, though. I haven’t murdered anyone. It’s been this way my entire life. Whenever I would accidentally hurt myself, others near me would receive the wound. When I was mugged and the guy shot me in the face, their faces exploded, not mine. The cops thought I was the bad guy. Around thirty seconds after the execution started, I see both the executioner and chaplain fall to the floor with a hard thump. I begged them” (stellarpath).
20. “There was no pearly gate. I knew I was in a cave because I had just passed the entrance. I knew this was it, what religion talked about…I had just entered the gates of hell. I heard a voice. I knew it was the devil. He asked, “What did you expect” and I told him I didn’t know. I told him, “The greatest trick you ever pulled was convincing the world you don’t exist,” He said, “No, the greatest trick I ever pulled was convincing the world that there’s an alternative”. I asked, “There’s no God?” And he replied, “I am God” (MeanPete).
21. “They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I understand that, but I think it’s wrong. I went into an old Hotel as a bet. I was supposed to reach the 45th floor and shine a flashlight. A piece of cake. I was so happy to get to the 40th platform. But realized that I kept staying on the 44th floor. I would go down ten flights, still the 44th floor. I would go up a few flights..still 44th floor. So insanity is knowing that the results will never change; that each staircase is the same. It’s when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter” (Lloiu).
22. “Grandpa Tim was a bit of a recluse, as my family liked to say. But everyone listened to him. No one argues or disobeys his commands, as strange as they were. When he died, I inherited all his possessions. The lawyer instructed me to check his mailbox for a letter Tim left me. I found an hourglass, with all my family members names etched on their bases. I saw the sand in my parent’s hour glass run out. I told them not to get on a plane and the sand automatically refilled” (Human_Gravy).
23. “This story doesn’t have a twist. You won’t find out that I’m really the killer at the end. Because I’m telling you so from the beginning. I am the killer. I was the one who killed him. I was the one who scouted out the old man hobbling along while out walking with my son. Just please believe me. This story does not have a twist. I am the killer” (Mrmrlol).
24. “When my sister Betsy and I were kids, our family lived for awhile in a charming old farmhouse. We loved exploring its dusty corners and climbing the apple tree. But our favorite thing was the ghost. We called her Mother because she took care of us. Years later I found an old newspaper article about the farmhouse’s original occupant, a widow. She killed her two kids and then hung herself” (whoeverfightsmonsters).