As much as we love adventure and doing things that are out of our comfort zone, we always want to be safe. Regardless of how “risky” you are or if you love doing things that are dangerous, safety always comes first.
There are those who aren’t the biggest risk takers, and just love being in control of situations. These people want to do risky stuff but are just too scared of danger. Totally understandable. Some may call them boring others call it smart.
But whether you are out on vacation or lazying around the house, you always want to make sure that you’re safe. Here are 12 hacks that could probably save your life one day!
1. Always follow your instinct. That may seem like an obvious one, but let’s be real here, a lot of the times we don’t do this.
When something feels wrong, your body is telling you that danger is not too far. A lot of the time, people to fail to follow their instincts.
2. If a stranger ever gets into your car and tells you to drive, there’s one thing that you can do. Drive your car into a post.
That way you’ll not only be able to go anywhere, you draw attention to the situation and the person will want to get away pretty fast.
3. Knowing a bit of self-defence, in general, is always helpful. But for those of us who don’t know much about fighting, there’s one trick that always works if attacked.
Go straight for the attacker’s groin area. This will stop them right away and will give you a bit of time to get out and run to get help.
4. Generally, people feel pretty safe driving in a cab. But of course, there’s always that possibility that something can go wrong.
If you find that your driver is acting a little strange, quickly make a call to someone telling them your location. That way the driver knows you have a phone and people know your whereabouts.
5. Never walk downstairs with your hands in your pockets. It sounds a little paranoid but if you trip, you need your hands to save yourself from getting hurt.
6. If you’re staying in a hotel room, it’s a good idea to put rolled up tissue over the toilet. No matter how clean it looks to you.
7. Swimming in the ocean can generally be dangerous, especially if you’re swimming in a riptide. Swim parallel to the shore if this happens. It’s the most efficient way to get back to shore.
8. If you ever find yourself trapped in a burning building, don’t run out. Get down to the floor and start crawling. According to MensXP, there’s more oxygen down there and you won’t pass out.
9. If you’re going to a parking lot alone at night, walk with your keys in your hands. That way you can get into the vehicle quickly and drive off.
10. More and more of us are walking and texting at the same time. Don’t do this when you’re walking in the street. You become an easy target.
11. If you decide to go for a hike or something, there’s a chance you could get lost. If this happens, first find water and shelter. Those are two important things for survival.
12. Keeping your keys by your bedside table is smart. If someone were to ever break into your home, just press the panic button to set off your alarm in the car.
Source : www.providr.com/helpful-hacks-that-could-save-your-life/4