The world we live in can be a really dangerous and unpredictable place. Many a times we are aware of what endangers our lives, and there are others that are completely natural and out of our control. However, there are certain other things that might actually be harming you in a big way, while you might not have had a clue about them. In fact, these dangerous facts that are mentioned below are surely going to come across them as hugely terrifying.
- Watching television for more than 2 hours a day reduces your life by 1.4 years– We all love watching our favorite shows and follow the news on TV. But what if you were told that watching television for more than 2 hours a day reduces your life by 1.4 years. This also means watching it for more than 6 hours daily will reduce your life by 5 years!
- Creepy about hygiene? Here’s a fact! An average office desk boats of having around 400 times more bacteria than the toilet.
- On an average, 341 people die in a bathtub every year. Not so fanciful, one would say on reading this.
- Almost 250 deaths have been caused worldwide, since 1988 by birds hitting planes in the air. This also spells out a massive $614 million in damages in the US alone.
- Trying to hold on and suppress a sneeze can result in a ruptured blood vessel in the head and neck. Now, if you happen to sneeze hard enough you might jus fracture a rib as well.
- Zippers are known to be one of the most common reasons for penile injuries. Almost 1700 people go to ER each year due to penile injuries.
- Every year almost 600 people are known to fall from beds that result in deaths. This is a statistic for the US alone.
- 6,000 people in the US are killed annually due to texting when driving.
- Almost 100 people are known to be killed each year in Russia by falling icicles.
- About 1 in 20 hospitalized people are reported to contract Hospital Acquired Infection (HAI). This results in 1.7 million infections and 99,000 deaths approximately.
- The weight of a mattress doubles up in around 10 years due to accumulation dust mites and their poop.
- More Americans are said to choke on toothpicks than any other object. In fact, almost 9000 people are also killed due to this.
- In an average metro station, 15 percent of the air that one breathes consists of human skin.
- Many cosmetic products, shampoos, soaps are known to contain carcinogens or cancer causing substances.
- About 12,000 people are known to fall of the stairs, which results in death each year. Out of these, about half of the mishaps occur at home.
source: cracked list25