When your stomach swells and feels hard, the explanation might be as simple as overeating or drinking carbonated drinks, which is easy to remedy. Other causes may be more serious, such as an inflammatory bowel disease. Sometimes the accumulated gas from drinking a soda too quickly can result in a hard stomach.
Bloating is a common condition that’s normally the result of overeating. Although not serious, it can cause a lot of discomfort. Aside from overeating, other contributors to this condition include:
- Swallowing excess air when eating or talking
- Fluid retention in the abdomen (This can also point to a serious health problem)
- Intestinal gas caused by eating fiber-rich foods (Such as fruits and vegetables)
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Lactose intolerance
- Ovarian cysts
- Partial intestinal obstruction
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Weight gain
People who frequently experience bloating usually turn to proton pump inhibitors, enzymes, and similar to deal with the condition. However, they only get temporary relief on account of becoming addictive to this type of medications.
Bloating can be relieved significantly with a simple home remedy.
What you need:
- A Cup of Water
- 2 Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix the ingredients until they blend well and drink immediately after preparation.
Apple cider vinegar is extremely beneficial for improving digestion, stimulating weight loss, and is a great addition to a healthy diet.
Simple tips to prevent bloating:
- Eat slowly and chew well before swallowing.
- Enrich your menu with foods that prevent bloating – peppermint tea, ginger, pineapple, parsley and yogurt probiotics (providing you don’t have lactose intolerance)
- Cut down salt, fried foods, refined products, fizzy drinks, sweets and excess alcohol as these foods overwork your stomach and slow down digestion.
- Exercise regularly because physical activity is critical for overall health and well being.
- Reduce stress exposure as stress directly affects your health and quality of life.