Who thought a 2 Liter Bottle would act as a 50 Watt Light Bulb??!!
We take our electric lights and windows for granted but for those who are deprived of it know its true value. Whoever said no one can bottle and distribute genius was certainly wrong!
· Developed in Brazil to light up under-illuminated slums, this easy design idea by MIT students would help several low-income homes with no daylight or electricity.
· Bottles are placed in roofs– half outside, half inside.
· The lower part refracts light like a 60-Watt light bulb without any power source!
· A few drops of bleach keep the water clean and clear for many years.
· Takes about an hour to install it
· Making an appropriate hole, putting in a bleached-water bottle, and resealing the resulting gap
Here is a short clip on how to make it, Use a 2-Liter Bottle as a 50 Watt Light Bulb: