1

A lady passenger was listening to music and napping while all this happened during her flight from Beijing to Melbourne.

Her headphone caught fire and she got injured. It was battery-operated headphones as reported by ATSB.

She heard an explosion.

She heard an explosion.

“I continued to feel burning, so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor,” she said in a statement issued by the ATSB. “They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.”

“As I went to stamp my foot on them the flight attendants were already there with a bucket of water to pour on them.”

It is also said that, it was battery that caused the incident.

Flight attendant returned to check on her well-being. Also, passengers endured the smell of melted plastic, burnt electronics and burnt hair. “People were coughing & choking the entire way home,” the passenger said.

Here are some precautions that you must follow while travelling. Ensure that the product has passed all safety certifications.

1. Batteries should be kept in an approved storage.

2. Spare batteries must be in your carry-on baggage.

3. If a passenger’s gadget has fallen into the seat gap, locate their device before moving powered seats.

4. Otherwise, they should refrain from moving their seat and immediately contact a cabin crew member.

Share and make everyone aware.

This video can help you as well.