Gaddafi’s last words as he begged for mercy: ‘What did I do to you?’

The murder of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi is one of the greatest crimes in international law in recent history. The American government and NATO invaded a sovereign country, and turned it into a failed Islamic state, that has now turned into a terrorist hub.


It has become fairly well known since that Gaddafi was actually murdered because he challenged the existing monetary system, by his bold plannings for the African Gold Dinar which would effectively free Africa as a continent from its dependence on the West. Gadaffi had plans of trading oil in gold, instead of the worthless petro dollar that the world is currently forced to use.


Considering that Libya is the largest oil producer in all of Africa, and has (or use to have before the Western vultures took over) large gold reserves, it’s easy to see why they felt he had to be eliminated. If Africa is not dependent on the West, then how will they continue exploiting the continent?


Another outrage in these unfolding, is how Gaddafi was murdered. The man was tortured and humiliated before the entire world. Where once the American government claimed they couldn’t show the body of Osama bin Laden and buried him at sea, to allegedly respect some ancient custom of the locals. Gadaffi’s murder was broadcast for all the world to fawn over. In fact, Hillary Clinton even went on TV and joked about it like the cold blooded psychopath that she is.


Peter Beaumont and Chris Stephen of The Guardian report;


Crucially, it has been Dhao who has provided the most compelling account yet offered of Gaddafi’s last day of life as he attempted to leave the last pocket in the shattered seaside District Two to reach the countryside beyond Sirte’s eastern boundary.


“Gaddafi did not run away, and he did not want to escape,” Dhao said. “We left the area where we were staying, to head towards Jarif, where he comes from. The rebels were surrounding the whole area, so we had heavy clashes with them and tried to escape towards Jarif and break out of the siege. After that the rebels surrounded us outside the area and prevented us from reaching the road to Jarif. They launched heavy raids on us which led to the destruction of the cars and the death of many individuals who were with us.


“After that we came out of the cars and split into several groups and we walked on foot, and I was with Gaddafi’s group that included Abu Bakr Yunis Jabr and his sons, and several volunteers and soldiers. I do not know what happened in the final moments, because I was unconscious after I was hit on my back.”


Some things do not ring true. According to Dhao, Gaddafi was moving from place to place and apartment to apartment until last week, but given the state of the siege of Sirte at that stage it seems unlikely that he could have entered the city from outside. The net was closing around the last loyalists who were squeezed into a pocket, surrounded on all sides, that was becoming ever smaller by the day.


Dhao made no mention either of the attack on the Gaddafi convoy by a US Predator drone and a French Rafale jet as it tried to break out of Sirte, attempting to drive three kilometres through hostile territory before it was scattered and brought to a halt by rebel fighters. It is possible that Dhao did not know that the first missiles to hit the Gaddafi convoy as it tried to flee came from the air.


What is clear is that at around 8am on Thursday, as National Transitional Council fighters launched a final assault to capture the last remaining buildings in Sirte, in an area about 700 metres square, the pro-Gaddafi forces had also readied a large convoy to break out.


But if Dhao was not aware of the air strike, then neither did Nato’s air controllers and liaison officers with the NTC fighters know that Gaddafi was in the convoy of 75 cars attempting to flee Sirte, a fact revealed in a lengthy statement on Friday.


“At the time of the strike,” a spokesman said, “Nato did not know that Gaddafi was in the convoy. These armed vehicles were leaving Sirte at high speed and were attempting to force their way around the outskirts of the city. The vehicles were carrying a substantial amount of weapons and ammunition, posing a significant threat to the local civilian population. The convoy was engaged by a Nato aircraft to reduce the threat.”


It was that air attack – which destroyed around a dozen cars – that dispersed the convoy into several groups, the largest numbering about 20. As NTC fighters descended on the fleeing groups of cars, some individuals jumped from their vehicles to escape on foot, among them Gaddafi and a group of guards. Finding a trail of blood, NTC fighters followed it to a sandy culvert with two storm drains. In one of these Gaddafi was hiding.


Accounts here differ. According to some fighters quoted after the event, he begged his captors not to shoot. Others say he asked of one: “What did I do to you?”