Is there a more iconic magazine than that of Playboy? If there is, I’ve yet to find it. Even as a kid who thought girls suffered from a strange disease known as “cooties,” I still knew what Playboy was and just how much many people loved it. But despite how internationally popular the publication is, there is still lots of mystery revolving around its headquarters, known simply as “The Playboy Mansion.”
People dream of living in the same house as Hugh Hefner, but in reality we basically don’t know anything about it! Here are a few quick facts.
1. It has its own zoo license.
2. It isn’t as wild as most people think.
3. It wasn’t always owned by Hefner.
4. There is a secret Elvis room.
5. The grotto isn’t very clean.
6. The Playmates have to follow some pretty strict rules.
7. At one point, the carpets in Hefner’s bedroom hadn’t been changed in years.