It has turmeric’s potent anti- inflammatory properties, that’s why it’s so fantastic to consume when the organism is sick or under weather, since it may soothe sore throats and hacking coughs. Turmeric may also have a preventative effect on various cancers, cardiovascular disease even Alzheimer’s disease and diabetes.
A delicious, comforting and immune boosting recipe, Golden Milk is great for coughs, colds, and simply for drinking on damp days.
Serves: 1 peace
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cook time: 1 min.
- Turmeric Paste
- ¼ cup ground turmeric
- ½ cup or so of filtered water
- Pinch of salt
- Generous pinch black pepper
- Golden Mylk
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 – 2 tsp turmeric paste
- 1 tsp – 1 tbsp local or Manuka honey
- ½ tsp ground ginger (optional)
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp – 1 tbsp coconut oil or MCT oil
- In a small bowl, add the turmeric powder, black pepper, and salt. Stir in water slowly until the mixture forms a paste (about ½ cup of water or slightly less.)
- In a high-speed blender, combine the hemp seeds and water and blitz until frothy and fully combined, about 50 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients (turmeric paste, honey or other sweetener, ginger, lime, coconut oil) and blend until fully combined, about 45 seconds. Serve or continue to blend until heated. If you like, you can also reserve the lime juice until after the milk has been warmed.