Every day, we see people who are stuck. They may be in a relationship that is pleasant, but not fulfilling. Their job may pay the bills, but fail to stimulate them. Their situation is comfortable. It isn’t bad enough to leave. So they stay.
They don’t realize that they may be doing so at the expense of finding something wonderful.
ARE YOU CHASING AFTER THE BEST VERSION OF YOUR LIFE, OR DO YOU SIMPLY SETTLE FOR “GOOD ENOUGH”?
Here are thirty questions to consider:
1. Are you excited about your plans for today? This week? The next five years?
2. Does your current situation encourage you to grow? Or does it keep you small for convenience?
3. Do you feel respected by those around you? Do you respect yourself?
4. Have you tried to improve your situation? Do you see any progress, or does it seem hopeless?
5. Do you feel as though you are constantly making sacrifices, with little or no payoff?
6. Have you stopped trying new things?
7. Do you keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again?
8. Are you easily irritated? Do small things get to you, even though you know they shouldn’t?
9. Do you find yourself daydreaming often? Are you happier living in the past or future than in your current situation?
10. Are you bored?
11. Do you sometimes wish you had made different choices and ended up somewhere else?
12. Do you keep having the same fights and disagreements, with no real resolution?
13. Do you keep waiting for change that never seems to come?
14. Do you spend too much time escaping through television, video games, or social media?
15. Do you wish your life more closely resembled your Facebook page?
16. Do you feel frustration and hopelessness more often than you feel joy and excitement?
17. Are you working towards an important milestone? Or are you just getting through each day?
18. Do you feel as though you could have done better?
19. Have you become too busy – with your job or relationship – to spend time with people you truly care for?
21. Do you feel jealous of people who are happy in their jobs or relationships?
22. Have you lost your sense of purpose?
23. Do you still set goals for yourself? Do you have a plan to achieve them?
24. Do you feel trapped? Do you wish you had more freedom in your life?
25. Do you feel misunderstood? Is it difficult to communicate with those around you?
26. Do you make an effort to appear happier than you really are?
27. Do you still have fun on a daily basis?
28. Do you feel tired all the time?
29. Does the life you are living accurately reflect your true morals and character? Are your actions aligned with your values?
30. Does changing your situation seem too scary? Has fear of the unknown – rather than love of what you have – been holding you back?
“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life,”. Is there a better life out there than the one you’re living? This could be your time to rise up.