Sunday morning.. You wake up feeling like death. Your head is spinning, your mouth is dry and the first thing you think of is McDonald’s. Well, once you’ve read this article, your choice of hangover food may completely change.
We all know that McDonald’s is unhealthy, fattening and full of salt, but thats why we like it. Nobody chooses McDonald’s as a healthy option so it’s no surprise when people tell you it’s smothered with grease and high in calories. But, here are some interesting, yet disgusting facts about McDonald’s food that you probably didn’t know..
1. McDonald’s use Ammonium Sulfate to help mass-produce their bread. This sounds fine to anyone unaware of its use, but what you don’t know is that it is also used to fertilize soil and kill bugs. So you can imagine what it does to your insides.
2. The chicken nuggets from McDonald’s are tasty and a child’s first choice for their Happy Meal. But, they are full of dimethylpolysiloxane, a silicone oil that is used to make contact lenses and other medical items. This should definitely make you rethink some extra nuggets with your hangover meal.
3. This next one is enough to stop the Big Mac cravings. McDonald’s use Cysteine-L, an amino acid synthesised from human hair or duck feathers, to flavour their meat and soften their bread. The list is getting worse…
4. TBHQ is an additive that can be found in more than a handful of McDonald’s meals. It’s potentially lethal, but don’t worry, customers are no good to McDonald’s if they aren’t breathing. So the FDA only allows the chemical to be 0.02 percent of a food’s oil and fat. Lucky us.
5. Unbelievably, McDonald’s also use Propylene Glycol. This is a chemical that can be found in anti-freeze and e-cigarettes.
6. Anti-depressants are also used by adding them to the poultry feed (that their factory Chicken’s eat). So next time you eat a chicken dish from McDonald’s, you may feel a bit happier afterwards.
Now you’re aware of the trace amount of chemicals in McDonald’s food, I’m sure the Big Mac cravings will be few and far between. Maybe your new choice of hangover food should be from the kitchen instead. But probably not.