Anemia happens when the blood running in the body gets short of sufficient healthy red blood cells. In blood, hemoglobin is the prime component of red blood cells which helps in connecting oxygen. Having anemia can make you feel tired and weak. There are many forms of anemia, each with its own cause. Anemia can be temporary or long term, and it can range from mild to severe
Whenever there are too few or unusual red blood cells, the number of cells in the body does not get enough amount of oxygen. All this leads to shortage of it. Some of its symptoms include fainting, shortness of breath, excessive tiredness, chest pains, headache, and numbness in fingers.
Another type of Anemia is known as “Pica” where a person might have rare cravings to eat substances other than normal food like dirt, hair, coal, etc. It usually denotes a sign of dietary deficiency.
There are several important facts related to Anemia that you must know:
- People with chronic diseases have higher risk of Anemia.
- Certain Anemia factors are hereditary which might affect the infants from birth time
- Childbearing women are more prone to iron-deficiency due to blood loss from menstruation and higher blood supply demands during the period of pregnancy.
- Older people are also at greater risk of having Anemia due to poor diet.
Best ways to cure Anemia at home are:
- Iron:It is necessary to take food with higher iron amount in them
- Taking honey is an excellent Anemia cure
- 2-3 apples a day help add iron intake every day
- Eating 2 citrus fruits daily
- No coffee
- Taking Vitamin B12 daily
- Having cold bath twice a day
- Taking a teaspoon of Spirulina (blue-green algae)can also conquer Anemia.